Friday, December 28, 2007

A Xmas Story

So the celebration of Christ's birth is over. Gifts have been given and received, memories were formed and I'm sure some forgotten. Hopefully everyone enjoyed theirs as much as I enjoyed mine.

Becky and I xmas-miraculously had the 24th off. I actually had to finagle mine with the bosses at work, and had to use my paid time off to do so, but it was definitely worth it, plus I'm not exactly living slim on vacation time. We did some last minute shopping because we are crazy and had a nice dinner with the parents before heading off to the xmas eve service at my church. I don't think I've been to church in awhile and it was kind of nice. It was a good service, even though I had a hard time keeping my eyes open and my head up during the sermon or homily or whatever they called it.

When we got home we mostly just chilled and watched some kids christmas shows like Charlie Brown and The Year without Santa. Eventually we went to bed and woke up around noon for the gift exchange. Everyone loved their gifts, I got a bunch of dvds, some games, toys, and a deep fryer.

Afterwards Becky and I drove up into md to visit her Aunt Betty. Traffic weren't too shabby and we only got slightly lost when we got off the beltway and didnt see the street sign we needed to, but only cost us a couple minutes and we were early anyway. Had another small gift fest, and a nice ham and mac cheese meal. We hung around there for a couple hours chatting it up, heard some funny stories and had a lot of fun. We headed to westminster to drop off Becky, we tried to stop at Denny's but it was closed. Not unexpected but still a bit of a bummer. We ended up hanging out for a bit at her friend Denise's house until it was time for me to head home.

So that was pretty much the extent of my holiday, it was the best christmas ever and I hope all of you had most excellent adventures on yours.

No comments: