Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A slight impetus

A blog??? Jander has a blog?!?!?!? It's been so long since I've visited here my computer didn't even remember my username and password. Well okay it did, but with a little help. Someone else I know resurrected their blog recently, well... reincarnated is more like it, but I figured I might as well take the opportunity to add to mine.

I don't know why I haven't been writing, I don't think its because I've been too busy at work, though for the past 2 or 3 weeks I kinda have been. We've been working on a project to update some forms for a bunch of the courts and though it hasn't been affecting me personally too much lately we are also all in a big crunch working on a contract proposal, so things are hectic and everyone is stressed.

But I don't think that's it because I still manage to have a few minutes to myself towards the end of the day. It's not because I'm in love with an awesome chick who I think about all the time. I am and I do, but I think I could still share a couple spare thoughts from time to time as I tend to be a great multitasker. It's also not that I have nothing to talk about, I've done TONS of things since I last posted and even kinda thought about writing about them but never did. Is it just my old slackerness/apathy rearing its ugly head? Who the fuck knows, and does it really matter?

I do know, however, that some people, for whatever ungodly reason like to read what I write. I wouldn't say I have fans or admirers, maybe its just bored people who desperately need another 10 minutes of time killing text. So I once again say I will try and post more. I'm not making promises, but I will make an effort, I think that's the best I can do.

In the spirit of making an effort, I'm not even going to make this whole post simply about me not posting, I plan to actually talk about something!

Last weekend was my companies holiday party. The company I work for definitely doesn't skimp on these sorts of things, for our summer picnic if you recall we get tickets to kings dominion and a free meal including alcomohol if thats your thing. For the last couple years, perhaps since I've been with the company, they have held the holiday party at the Air&Space Museum near Dulles. Basically it's a huge airport like hangar, they have all sorts of planes and ordinance even a real live space shuttle. Also they have several showings to a free short imax movie and an observation tower you can go up in. Previous year's I've gone stag and just done a quick run through to look at the exhibits, maybe sample a bite of food, look for coworkers and catch the movie then bounce.

This year I had the honor of bringing my lovely girlfriend Becky. She had got herself a gorgeous red dress, and as such I felt obligated to dress up a bit. If you weren't aware, I HATE dressing up. Usually I go in slacks and a work shirt and I'm perfectly happy. I didn't think that would work this time, and since Becky's aunt was requesting a nice photo of us for an xmas gift I said screw it went out to the mall to get a tux. I haven't worn a tux in almost a decade, but fortunately the tux store was in the same place as I remembered it, and was able to come out with something that didn't completely burst my budget.

I HATE TIES! Ties are absolutely retarded and everyone wearing a tie looks like a tool. Sorry to those of you who like wearing ties, or think ties look good, but they don't. They make you look like a damn fool and a dork and a slave to societal standards... deal with it. Originally I wasn't going to wear one, but Becky thought I'd look cute in it and I decided it wouldn't kill me to wear one for the night. It didn't kill me, but I did look and feel like a tool. At least it wasn't a bowtie... I will NEVER wear a bowtie in the future, and I hope to avoid wearing a regular one ever again as well. If someone puts a tie on my corpse for a funeral I will haunt them and murder them from beyond the grave. Just a warning people, DON'T forget it!

Anyway, so the both of us got dressed up, I paid for the lady to get a cute haircut the day of and bought her some delicious smelling perfume. Literally delicious as it smells a bit chocolaty. We tried taking some pics at home but didn't work out so hot. We rolled into the party fashionably late, since thats how cool we are. Managed to meet up with most of the crew from the office, hung out and chatted with Bryan and his date while sampling the drink selection. The bastards didn't have any white z, so I was drinking chardonnay, while Becky tried a couple different things. Supposedly the cranberry champagnes were awesometastic.

We didn't do much of museum wandering, I'd been there plenty enough and I'm sure Becky doesn't find planes all that interesting. The observation tower was pretty cool. Not high up enough for me, but you could still see lights for miles and we managed to pick out my car in the parking lot, not as easy as you might think. We stayed at the party until the bitter end, and then headed on home before eventually heading out to denny's for a nice meal. It was most certainly an enjoyable evening.

Oh I almost forgot, here's the picture we will be giving to her aunt. I'll try and spread more of the Werd of Jander later this week.

2 comments:

hyun said...

I always felt that ties are used to disguise stupidity. Basically, ties are lies.

ユイ said...

For a tool.. you look pretty good :)