Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Fuh-ball!

I never really cared about football when I was a little boy...yes I was little once. My interests laid in other sports I guess. I played baseball and a little basketball, perhaps some badminton or even some cheap street hockey with a broken hood ornament. Not that I give a damn about basketball or hockey. My dad was a football fan and he'd watch the redskins games and superbowls and whatnot. I took notice of it but didn't really get interested.

I went to a game in high school and though my team sucked I still had fun watching. So I started going to a couple more games, and watching the NFL with my Dad on occasion and I quickly came to love the sport even more than I did baseball. We occasionally went to some games. Saw a Navy game once or twice, a couple skins preseason or regular season games. We generally try and go to a Skins game every year.

I don't love the Redskins like my dad does. I like the Redskins tho. I like to see them do well, which unfortunately recently is rare. I root for them generally speaking unless there's a severe conflict of interest involved. During those cases I try avoid my Dad. So since I didn't love the Redskins I had to find a team I would love. A team I could support and cheer for like my life depended on it.

I'm not truly sure if there is an exact reason I jumped on the Colts bandwagon. It was around 97 or so. My grandmother was from Indy, which I used as an excuse for awhile, but not with much conviction. I do kinda like the jerseys, or at least when they aren't just wearing white. I knew some of the history of the team, and I loved that Baltimore hated them. Not that I truly hate Baltimore, but its fun to see them angry. It might have been that I saw them in a playoff run that although they didn't go all the way, they sure showed some heart.

So I don't know precisely why I am a huge Colts fan, but I do know that they are currently the World Champion Indianapolis Colts, and that pretty much kicks ass. I don't know if they can repeat, they've had some pretty tricky hurdles thrown their way in the offseason. I'm not giving up hope though, I've got faith they can overcome those odds and triumph once again.

GO COLTS!

1 comment:

jaxjaggywires said...

Boo Colts...go Jags!!

So, 15-1 for each this season, right?